Bronze Takes the Gold - Beauty Addict

Monday, May 05, 2008

Bronze Takes the Gold

I hate to say it, but I've been hideously bored by so many of this season's new beauty releases. I think that's part of what's been keeping me from blogging as fast-and-furiously as usual - aside from my day job, at least. I'm just not that excited about anything!

I searched my makeup bag for inspiration today, but nearly every product in there was something that's been in heavy rotation for quite a while now, or that's been blogged to death here at Beauty Addict (DuWop Revolotion Face, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Lancome Magique blush...you get the idea). I've just been in to old favorites these days.

With one exception.

Clinique Brush-on Cream Liner in Bronze ($14.50) is part of the Long-Last Bronze summer collection. I've written about the Brush-on Cream Liner before, but the new Bronze shade is most certainly worth a mention. The color is just gorgeous; it's bronze without looking too coppery, and it's brown without looking dirty. It has just a touch of shimmer; slightly dramatic, but still safe for work. And best of all, it does something absolutely incredible for blue eyes. This perfect shade of bronze makes blue peepers POP like no other!

Brush-on Cream Liner has a texture similar to MAC Fluidlines or Bobbi Brown gel liners but, as the name suggests, it's a little more on the creamy side. It blends easily, but when it sets...it stays there. I've been playing with it using both a skinny eyeliner brush (for precise application at the lashline) and a fat eyeshadow brush (for larger areas). I find that with the fat brush, I can easily blend it upward into the crease for a fab bronze smokey eye. A little touch of Stila Kitten on browbones and inner corners and you're set!

Bronze is a limited edition shade, so snap yours up now.


Comments