Get Ready For Summer! - Beauty Addict

Friday, May 23, 2008

Get Ready For Summer!

I can't believe it's Memorial Day weekend already! And you know what that means...the official start of beach season. My friend B and I will be spending our weekends lounging in the Hamptons, natch. And here's what I'll be taking along:

Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock: this has got to be one of the BEST innovations in suncare. It feels amazing going on, smells fresh and clean, easily coats your bod, and provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with Helioplex, a blend of 5 sun protection agents. The waterproof, sweatproof mist sprays at any angle, and it feels lightweight - never greasy or goopy.

Korres Yoghurt Cooling Gel: Just in case I get a bit of a burn (it usually happens to my poor feet), I keep this gel-cream on hand for after-sun relief. It's hydrating, cooling, and incredibly soothing - way better than that sticky green aloe gel from the drugstore. Keep it in the fridge for an extra cooling kick.

Creed Virgin Island Water: This coconut-and-lime cocktail is one of my favorite summer scents. It's tropical and creamy but still light and fresh - perfect for hot weather. For an extra boost, layer it with Coconut Lime Verbena products from Bath & Body Works (they go quite well together!). For a few more summer scent ideas, click here.

~H2O+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment: I hadn't used any ~H2O+ products in years, but this gel moisturizer turned me on to the brand again. It's similar to Clinique Moisture Surge - light and non-greasy - and has a hint of a fresh, aquatic scent. Plus, you have to admit...the frosted jar with the ocean blue moisturizer inside is just really, really pretty.

MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner Stick SPF 15 with Strobe Pearl: the perfect combination of sun protection and sheer, beachy color. I'm loving the honey-colored Strobe Rays and the sheer plum Strobe Current. For 4 more fab lippies with SPF, click here.

Bumble and bumble Surf Spray: When the humidity is high and the air is salty, might as well give in to it and ditch the flat iron. I like to give my natural waves some texture with Surf Spray or one of its friends - Nexxus Phyto Organics Sea Swell Texture Mist is also an excellent choice, and may be easier to find.

Michael Kors Island Capri Refreshing Body Gelee: I actually prefer the scent of this light, cooling body moisturizer to that of its eau de parfum counterpart, which was far too aquatic for me. The body gelee smells more like an orange grove than an aquatic floral, and for that it earns a permanent spot in my weekend bag. The light formula is perfect for warm weather - not too heavy, just enough to keep your skin soft and supple.

For days at the beach, an armload of cute bikinis is certainly in order! The one shown is from Old Navy, of all places - I love picking up cheap basic bikinis there and then accessorizing them with fun earrings, sandals and beach bags. They're on sale now for $30, so grab a few in basic colors like brown, black and pink - if they're ruined by pool water and the sun by the end of the summer, you won't care.

Speaking of cute beach bags, this one is by Milly, exclusive to Net-a-porter. I ordered it before my spring cruise and fell in love with it - the print is bold and fun (perfect with that brown bikini!), it's lined in terry, and it holds EVERYTHING. I'm sorry to report that it's no longer available - check out this metallic straw beach bag from J. Crew, instead.


Comments