Yves Saint Laurent's summer collection, The Lights of Africa, is an earthy, bronzy color story in the same vein as Clarins Summer Fever and MAC Neo Sci-Fi. Frankly, I'm just surprised that the YSL collection doesn't include a bright pop of color like the others; teal, orange and fuchsia are practically de rigueur this season.
The marquee item in this collection is the Soleil D'Afrique Collector Powder for the Complexion, a bronzer powder housed in a carved wood compact. It can be worn around the neck, although I don't know who'd actually do that. Pretty, but totally frivolouss...at $72, it's not exactly a steal.
Full details on the collection:
- SOLEIL D’AFRIQUE Collector Powder For The Complexion (new, limited edition)
- VOILE DE SOLEIL Tinted Veil Tan Booster in N° 1 Golden Veil and N° 2 Copper Veil (new, limited edition)
- TOUCHE BLUSH N° 6 Sienna (new)
- PALETTE COULEURS D’AFRIQUE For The Eyes (new, limited edition)
- EVERLONG MASCARA WATERPROOF Lengthening Mascara in N° 1 Ever Black, N° 2 Ever Brown, N° 3 Ever Navy Blue and N° 4 Ever Burgundy (new)
- TOUCHE BRILLANCE Sparkling Touch for Lips in N° 14 Golden Sand and N° 15 Truly Red (new)
- GLOSS REPULPANT Shiny Lip Plumper SPF 10 in N° 4 Glossy Nude and N° 5 Glossy Candy (new)
- NAIL TOUCH Nail Lacquer Brush Pen in N° 1 Crystal Touch, N° 2 Beige Touch, N° 3 Pink Touch and N° 4 Pearly Touch (new)