Shades of Autumn - Beauty Addict

Monday, August 25, 2008

Shades of Autumn

I have a feeling that Fall might come early to NYC this year, friends. Can you feel it in the air? The nights are breezy and cool, almost sweater weather. And suddenly all those shades of summer are starting to feel a bit stale. My personal Fall transition started last week when I fell in love with Jampacked lipglass (that's always when I know Fall is coming, when I have an unexplained craving for berry lip colors).

And just this weekend I sealed the deal with a berry nail. That does it. Fall is imminent.

I opened my manicure box this weekend and went straight for my beloved bottle of OPI Kennebunkport. This polish is, in my opinion, the most perfect berry red ever to grace the Earth. It's not too bright, not too dark, just a tinge of berry, dramatic enough to make a statement but still appropriate for the office. I posted about it last year and will probably post about it every Fall until (1) OPI stops making it, or (2) there is such reader outcry over my extreme boring-ness that I am forced to shut up.

Anyhow, I painted my nails with Kennebunkport, admired my handiwork, and then looked down at my toes. Suddenly my once-beautiful Tracy Reese/Sally Hansen pedicure looked so stale and out of place. (The shade was Flame, an orange-red that was my summer staple.) I'm due for a pedicure this week, and needless to say, it will be Kennebunkport.

Have you shelved any of your summer shades yet? Or are you still hanging on to the trappings of hot weather?


Comments