Add A Little Spice (And Maybe Some Cinnamon Buns) To Your Shower - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Add A Little Spice (And Maybe Some Cinnamon Buns) To Your Shower

So, friends, I've finally gotten to the bottom of this "lost my beauty mojo" thing. It's the Fall. All I want to write about is Fall stuff. If I see another eyeshadow palette called "Tahiti" or a contest where I can enter to win a "Hawaiian Dream Date," I'll scream! (Can you tell I've been browsing the Sephora homepage?)

Truth is, there's only so much you can say about summer beauty. The main topics are always the same: self tanner, sunscreen, bright nail polish, airy fragrances, sheer fuchsia lip gloss, and overall, less makeup.

At this point I'm just jonesing for those dark fall colors (as you can surely see from my last two posts). I want MORE PIGMENT.

But lest I inundate you with post after post about berry lips and nails, let's move the action to the shower, so to speak. There are some bath products that just don't work in the summer months; I don't know about you, but when it's hot I like to stick to citrus, green, or floral scents in my daily bath routine.

And when it's cool, I find myself reaching for the spicy, the creamy, and the foody. Here, a few of my favorites:

Philosophy Body Washes...the creamy ones. Mimosa, Surfer Girl and Vanilla Birthday Cake are fine in the summer, but once the temps cool off, I start craving Cinnamon Buns and all its foody friends. This season brings us a crop of new ones, including Pumpkin Spice Muffin, Caramel Apple, and Caramel Mocha Latte. I don't see my perennial favorite Spiced Cider on the list, though. This could be problematic!

Bath & Body Works...the winter scents. Why oh why didn't I buy Blackberry Amber last year? Little did I know it was limited edition, and now it's gone (although I did manage to snap up some of the Chocolate Amber, also a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scent). This year, Black Amethyst seems to be the seasonal offering, but it's just too purple, in the vein of Poison and Elizabeth Taylor Passion. No love from me on that one. I'm keeping an eye out, though, in case they decide to reintroduce Blackberry Amber or Chocolate Amber.

Bliss Vanilla & Bergamot Body Buff (and the Shower Gel, and the Body Butter). I love, love, love the richness of the Vanilla & Bergamot scent. The scrub is remarkably effective, and very moisturizing without being greasy or waxy. I just can't stand the smell of it in the summer -- it makes me utterly nauseous for some reason -- so I save it for the cooler months.

Jo Malone Amber & Lavender -- the shower gel and the bath oil. Ah, my special little treat. Jo Malone products are ridiculously pricey, so I usually save them for special occasions, and I definitely don't use this spicy, somewhat masculine concoction in the summer.

What are your favorite Fall bath products? Are there any that you reserve specifically for the cooler temps?


Comments