Don't You Get Fresh With Me - Beauty Addict

Friday, October 02, 2009

Don't You Get Fresh With Me


Yep, that post title's a song lyric. Know what it's from?

I don't know about you, but ALL SUMMER LONG I saw ads for Vaseline's new Aloe Fresh line. Something about the light green packaging just looked so refreshing and appealing.

I was dying to try the Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Daily Body Gel, since I'm a sucker for body moisturizers in non-lotion form (PS, try the spray one from ModelCo!), but in every drugstore I visited, it was missing from the shelves. They invariably had the Aloe Fresh lotion, but never the gel.

After weeks of searching, I finally hunted it down, at a Wal-Mart in Honolulu, of all places.

This gel certainly lives up to its name -- it feels light and fresh, has a soothing gel texture, and that soft green smell that we associate with aloe. It provides just enough moisture without feeling heavy, making it a good choice for warm-weather vacations, or for this in-betweeny, transitional fall weather that we're having right now. It definitely won't take the place of a lotion or body butter, though, so don't reach for it once the temps and humidity really start to fall.

The only real drawback is that the Aloe Fresh Gel feels a bit sticky - actually, tacky might be the right word - for a while after you apply it. The stickiness does go away, but I wish it had more of an emollient feel from the get-go.

If you're willing to shell out a few extra bucks for something that has a similar concept but doesn't feel sticky, try Korres Yoghurt Cooling Gel. It's marketed as an after-sun product, but that certainly doesn't stop me from reaching for it whenever my skin is craving something refreshing.


Comments