Lava Rocks Redux: MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator Returns - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Lava Rocks Redux: MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator Returns

Last summer I fell head over heels in love with a MAC face scrub, the Volcanic Ash Exfoliator. Unfortunately, it disappeared from stores in a flash, leaving beauty junkies everywhere to wonder - will we ever see the likes of this again?

Once I finally finished tearing my hair out, rending my garments, throwing myself on the floor in agony -- you get the idea -- this miracle exfoliator reappeared! And in a new form - a tube!

Packaging Volcanic Ash Exfoliator in a tube is probably the only way this product could possibly be improved. It's absolutely perfect, except for the fact that it's black, gooey, and messy. Its old jar packaging made this worse.

You see, the only way you could really use this exfoliator was in the shower, since it tended to make the surrounding areas look like "an arsonist's crime scene" (my words from last year!). But when screwing the jar top on and off, and scooping out product, shower water tended to land in the jar. After several uses, the contents of my jar started to become watery, runny, and hard to handle - so I ended up losing quite a bit of product down the drain.

But nevermore, thanks to the new tube!

Be sure to pick this up before it disappears again, and definitely read last year's review for some usage tips (seriously - read it! Otherwise you might end up with nasty volcanic flecks in your second-day hair).


Comments