The Smashbox Fall 2010 collection, Masquerade, is all about rich shades, metallics, and sultry glossed lips. I'm intrigued by the Liquid Liner & Lash Overlay, as it's the first time I've seen an eyeliner repurposed as a lash product. Smashbox suggests that you use it to add a touch of color to the tips of lashes after mascara application, and there's a section of the application wand that's specially designed for this purpose. The colors certainly lend themselves to this usage - the liner is available in teal and bronze.
Soft Lights palettes are always a nice addition to Smashbox collections; not only are they pretty to look at, they really do lend a gorgeous glow to skin. If you already own a couple, though, you might want to hold back - they can become addictive, and then you end up with 5 that are barely used!
Full details on the Masquerade collection, available now:
- Masquerade Eye Shadow Palette ($35) in a range of shades from super subtle soft peach and glowing gold to an ultra dramatic metallic cabernet and shimmering navy. Arranged horizontally in trios so coordination is super easy.
- Masquerade Baked Fusion Soft Lights Palette ($32) in Illusion
- Masquerade Liquid Liner & Lash Overlay ($19) in Teal and Bronze
- Masquerade Creamy Cheek Color & Brush ($29) in Warm Pink, with a built-in blending brush
- Masquerade Lip Enhancing Gloss ($19) in Reveal (golden nude) and Disguise (golden pink)