I Still Want a Hula Hoop - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I Still Want a Hula Hoop

Alvin and the Chipmunks do Christmas"Want a plane that loops the loop
I still want a hula hoop
We can hardly stand the wait
Please Christmas, don't be late!"

Gotta love Alvin & The Chipmunks for some goofy holiday cheer. Maybe I don't want a hula hoop, but I do want some Mason Pearson brushes - the next item on the Dream Christmas List (see I Want a Yacht and Really, That's Not a Lot). Mason Pearson brushes are handcrafted in England, with the same technique used to make their first hairbrush way back in 1885. They're available with all boar bristle tufts for fine/normal hair, boar and nylon mix for normal/thick hair, and all nylon for thick hair (or, for vegans).

A beautiful handcrafted hairbrush is just the thing to top off the ultimate vanity table - well, the ultimate vanity table that exists in my mind, at least. In reality most of my equipment stays housed in clear Rubbermaid bins...not very glamorous.

But in any case, a beautiful handcrafted hairbrush would make a lovely addition even to a pedestrian plastic storage bin.

Mason Pearson brush by NYC PeachIf you really want to get fancy, you can buy a Swarovski crystal-encrusted Mason Pearson brush online from NYC Peach, in the pattern and colors of your choice. This is the choice of the true fashionista and is, without a doubt, worthy of the Dream Christmas List. I think this brush alone warrants the purchase of a lovely vanity table to display it. Anything less would be an injustice!


Comments