Santa, I hope you're listening.
NARS has just premiered its Holiday collection and it's already at the top of my Christmas list.
Carla at Product Girl has the scoop on every product in the collection; here's a little rundown:
- Duo Eyeshadow in Belly Dance (metallic jade and deep aubergine)
- Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross (soft pale shimmer)
- Lip Gloss in Moon Fleet (sparkling platinum gold)
- Lip Gloss in Rose Birman (sheer cranberry)
- Cream Eyeshadow in Nomad (shimmering moss green)
- Cream Eyeshadow in Lili Marlene (storm grey)
- Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bettina (natural beige)
- Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Walkyrie (coral red)
- Sheer Lipstick in Hindu (natural fig)
Nomad and Belly Dance (the green shade) eyeshadows are perfect for creating a green smokey eye like the one we saw on the Jenni Kayne runway last week (Carla agrees), and the aubergine shade in Belly Dance reminds me of my beloved NARS Bamako eye pencil. I have been crossing my fingers for a color like this in a shadow. The Bettina lip color would go perfectly with either of these eye looks; it makes a nice nude mouth without looking too pale (and if it's not pale enough, just mix with some lip balm - not gloss - to tone it down without losing the matte effect).
And Hindu...this is the perfect holiday lip. Wear it alone, top it with Rose Birman to really punch up the color, or with Moon Fleet to add some sparkle. The NARS glosses are second to none and I always await the new releases eagerly. These two look gorgeous.
As for Walkyrie? This coral-red color is going to be huge next spring (see: The Return of the Lip). Buy this one now and stash it!