Best of Sephora: Skincare - Beauty Addict

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Best of Sephora: Skincare

Philosophy Best of Sephora SetThis is Part 5 of our recap of the 2007 "Best of Sephora" winners. Do you agree with Sephora's 100,000 voters, or think they're out of their minds? What are your favorites in this category? Let us know in the comments!

Face Cleanser: Philosophy Purity Made Simple
I like this and used to use it religiously, but then one day out of the blue it started bothering my skin...so I'm somewhat indifferent toward it now. My favorite cleansers these days? Boscia Soothing Cleansing Cream, or if your skin is more on the oily side, Murad Energizing Pomegranate Cleanser.

Face Moisturizer: Philosophy Hope in a Jar
Philosophy again! I remember using this during one summer in college when my skin would just not behave no matter what I did. It worked! But eventually I gave up on it and moved on to bigger and better things...like Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Plantidote, and of course, Creme de la Mer, which I once recommended for everything from insect bites to fighting off the Evil Eye.

Eye Treatment: Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream
I have to admit I've never tried this, nor any of the other nominees (though I've heard that one of them, Hylexin, doesn't work at all...what do you think?). Even without trying any of these I've managed to go through piles of eye cream, and my favorites are Relastin Eye Silk, Chanel Sublimage Eye, and Kiehl's Cryste Marine.

Skin Treatment: Bare Escentuals RareMinerals
I've never been able to get on the bandwagon with this one. It claims to deliver to your skin "all 72 macro and micro minerals found in nature." But just because they exist in nature, does it mean we need them on our skin? Poison ivy exists in nature, that doesn't mean it's a good thing. I just don't get the hype. I think what's really going on is that it is full of Vitamins A and C (they're in the ingredients list), which really do have an effect on your skin. Why not just say that and drop this "untouched virgin soil in powder form" marketing hoo-ha?

What do you think of the winners in this category?

See also:


Comments