The Reincarnation of Azuree Soleil - Beauty Addict

Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Reincarnation of Azuree Soleil

In the summer of 2006, Estee Lauder Azuree Soleil Body Oil, part of the Tom Ford Collection, caused women everywhere (including me) to storm their local Lauder counters. This tropical, beachy scent was intoxicating - not too flowery, not too coconutty - just right. My friends and I loved it so much that the wood floors in our summer house were slick with it.

Of course, like all coveted beauty items, it was limited edition and soon disappeared. The following summer it was reintroduced in Eau Fraiche form (along with a re-release of the oil), and the frenzy began anew.

Now this year, Azuree Soleil has been reincarnated...as Bronze Goddess.

The Bronze Goddess scent is the headliner in Estee Lauder's summer collection, and while it isn't identical to Azuree Soleil, it's at least a fraternal twin, if you will. There's a little bit less gardenia and a little more creamy amber in the new version, at least to my nose. It could very well be exactly the same, with my nose playing tricks on me. In any case, it's lovely, and a worthy successor to the original. Bronze Goddess is limited edition, so I'm expecting the rush to start all over again this year. I suggest grabbing your bottle now if you're interested!

Notes include coconut milk, sandalwood, vanilla, vetiver, myrrh, amber, mandarin, bergamot, lemon, orange, tiare flower, jasmine, magnolia, orange flower, and lavender. It's available in Body Oil (spray), Eau Fraiche Skinscent, and Luminous Body Lotion.

My only quibble is that I far prefer the old bottle, with its exaggerated EL monogram logo, to the new one, which features an orange and aqua emblem that looks like a bullseye. But my dislike of the bottle certainly isn't enough to keep me from falling in love with this fragrance all over again!


Comments