Newsletter: April 2008 - Beauty Addict

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Newsletter: April 2008

I've wanted to start a monthly newsletter for some time now, sort of a "letter from the editor" to share what's going on over here and talk about some things that might not be related to a particular post. I always try to include little anecdotes and real-life stories in my blog, but sometimes it's easy to get caught up in just reporting all the latest releases, new products and collections. So this is a space to step back and just chat!

First off, the 2008 Glam Network Awards. Voting ends today, and there are some fab publishers (including me!) up for awards in the Beauty, Fashion, Shopping, Celeb, and Lifestyle categories. I decided not to campaign for your votes this year with special posts or a "nominated" badge; last time around I won in four categories and thought it might be time to pass the torch! Winning is a great feeling and a terrific honor, but being greedy about winning? Not so much.

Anyhow, good luck to everyone in the running, and if you haven't voted yet, today's your last chance!

Now, a little guilty pleasure indulgence....are you hooked on Dancing With The Stars? I am! I blame it on my grandma; she got me addicted when I went to visit her in Florida during the first season. I just wanted to comment on how amazing Sheryl Crow looked during this week's elimination show. She's 46, a cancer survivor, and a mom. Go Sheryl! I've been a fan of hers for years, so it was great to see her on the show.

I'm banking on Kristi & Mark for the win this year, although I'll miss Adam Carolla's ridiculous, borderline offensive antics. You?

My other obsession these days is wedding prep. I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding (this Saturday!) so I've been compiling a wedding emergency kit that has everything from tissues, Visine, and Band-Aids to white chalk - perfect for disguising any mid-reception dress stains. I'll share the full contents of the wedding emergency kit after the big day.

I've also got some fun posts coming up on vacation essentials, the dye job from hell, and the way I test beauty products to see if they're truly waterproof. It seems I've been on a hot streak with posts lately - the La Mer, Cetaphil, and grey hair posts were three of the most popular ever on Beauty Addict - so I hope you like what I have in store for the rest of the month!

While we're at it, if you have any ideas for posts you'd love to see, or a beauty question you'd like answered on the blog, post your suggestions in the comments!

XOXO
Kristen


Comments