Sorry TLC, I DO Want Scrubs - Beauty Addict

Monday, November 02, 2009

Sorry TLC, I DO Want Scrubs

One of my favorite recent innovations in the skincare is the "instant facial" - a scrub that combines both chemical and physical exfoliants in a single tube, to deliver double-whammy smoothing power.

The first one I tried - and still my favorite - was Prescriptives Instant Gratifaction Skin Renewal Peel. Its combination of beta hydroxy acids and finely-milled exfoliating pumice delivered phenomenal results, with the added benefit of a warming sensation that made you feel like you were getting a pricey spa treatment.

My second favorite was Clean & Clear SOFT In-Shower Facial, which delivered results that approximated Prescriptives', but at a much lower price point. And instead of a warming effect, this one felt cool on the skin.

Well guess what, my dears? Prescriptives is going out of business, and the Clean & Clear SOFT line was discontinued.

Great.

So, what's a girl to do? Well, I recently found out that the Clean & Clear In-Shower Facial has been reincarnated under the brand's Morning Burst line. It now has a citrus scent and comes in new packaging, but it's otherwise the same. Score!

There's also another alternative, Clinique Turnaround Instant Facial, but honestly, I just don't think it's as good as the Prescriptives or the Clean & Clear. The scrub itself is looser, so it doesn't stay on your face as well, and the exfoliating grains just don't measure up to those of the other two products.

Of all of them, I still prefer the Prescriptives - and as I mentioned in an earlier post, I'll be hoarding tubes of that until there aren't any left!


Comments