The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 4 - Beauty Addict

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 4

Last month I introduced you to the no!no!, the hair removal gadget that promises professional-grade results...over time. This is week 4 of an 8-week review and testing period.

Damn you, no!no!, I just can't seem to understand you. Last week I reported that less hair seemed to be coming in, which is what you said you'd do, and this week it seems like it's growing in finer and slower...not what I thought you were supposed to do.

Not that that's a bad thing. Finer and slower is good; it's just not what I read in the instructions.

Anyhow, I only shaved three times this week, down from my usual daily swipe with the razor. There just doesn't seem to be as much hair, and what's there is -- all together now -- finer, and growing in slower (or so it seems). My knees are still bad, though, because I haven't quite mastered the technique for maneuvering the no!no! around my bony knees.

And overall, I'm still looking for more permanence. Finer, slower and less are all good, but if I have to use the no!no! for the rest of my life to keep it up, no way. I'm hoping that by week 8 I'll see a cumulative difference that sticks around.

Interesting observation of the week: after you treat an area with the no!no!, you're supposed to buff it with the included buffing pad, to remove the "crystallized" hairs. Well this week, I decided to give the buffing pad a go on my arm, which has never been touched by the no!no!. Guess what? About half the hair came off with the buffing pad! So, while the little buffer is incredibly flimsy, it appears to do a decent job of removing hair all on its own, nevermind just "crystallized" hair. Bizarre.

See also:

The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 1
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 2
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 3


Comments