The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 6 - Beauty Addict

Monday, July 07, 2008

The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 6

A few weeks ago I introduced you to the no!no!, the hair removal gadget that promises professional-grade results...over time. This is week 5 of an 8-week review and testing period.

Last week, the no!no! and I were on a break. I was mad at it. I publicly shamed it. I yelled at it in CAPS on my blog for thousands of people to read. We needed some time apart.

Plus, I was away most of the week for the holiday, and forgot to bring it with me.

So what happened on the "off" week? Well, the hair on my legs still grew back. I do think I've seen results with this little gadget, though -- it seems to be growing back slower, I can now go an extra day without shaving. And there does seem to be a bit less hair, so what grows back is less noticeable. (But I shaved it off with new eos Vanilla Bliss shave cream! Which I loved!)

I still maintain that using this thing for the rest of my life would be torture. I will not be an indentured servant to the no!no!! Plus, my knees and the bony parts of my calves are still in the same shape as when I started. It's difficult to maneuver the device around bony areas, so I've had uneven results. The best spots are the outer sides of my calves, that's where the hair has grown back the least.

So, I won't deny that I AM starting to see results now, and I'm quite sure that I'm not imagining it. But I'm definitely not at the point where the pros outweigh the cons. At week 8 I'll give a comparison list of all the pros and cons, and you can judge for yourself!

See also:
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 1
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 2
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 3
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 4
The Chronicles of No-nia: Week 5


Comments